Monday 15 February 2010

Where to go now...


After speaking with my lecturer about the reason for my product to exist & some feedback from the crit, he suggested that the user could actually be seated to use the device - this was due to me providing a chair for the lecturers to use as the device was too low to use standing. He also liked the juxtaposition of the old chair against the modern & industrial viewer.

I have been contemplating changing the project into an outdoor viewer for linking landscapes together, but this would change my entire device, from materials to form & I'm not too sure about doing that so late in the game.

My lecturer said that I should think about why I am doing it, what I want to get out of it & what type of designer I want to be.

Maybe I should look back at the Mass Observation Project, but not make it about obsessions, make it more of a tool in a future scenario for archiving daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment